This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8739 / 51°52'25"N
Longitude: 0.1579 / 0°9'28"E
OS Eastings: 548651
OS Northings: 221679
OS Grid: TL486216
Mapcode National: GBR LCD.JQF
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.P5CB
Entry Name: No 2 with West Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 18 July 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1101611
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160922
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Built-Up Area: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bishops Stortford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5253 HALF ACRES
With West boundary wall
TL 4821 NE:1/28 18.7.62
c.1800 red brick, old red tile mansard roof. Two and a half storeys. Symmetrical
south front has round-headed central doorway with leaded light and 6-panel door.
Two-storey, mid C19 canted window bays to sides with original sashes. Single older
sash window over door with rubbed brick lintels. Two gabled dormers. Brick
modillioned eaves cornice. Mid C19 extensions in centre of rear elevation, yellow
stock brick with red banding. Long wall on west boundary of flint with regularly
placed red brick piers and cement coping.
Listing NGR: TL4865121679
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings