History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hare Street Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Hormead, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9491 / 51°56'56"N

Longitude: 0.0211 / 0°1'16"E

OS Eastings: 539003

OS Northings: 229770

OS Grid: TL390297

Mapcode National: GBR LB8.L6J

Mapcode Global: VHHLD.B81P

Entry Name: Hare Street Cottage

Listing Date: 13 December 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1101856

English Heritage Legacy ID: 160290

Location: Hormead, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG9

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire

Civil Parish: Hormead

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Hormead with Wyddial

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Cottered

Listing Text

TL 3929 HORMEAD HARE STREET
(East side)

12/69 Hare Street Cottage

GV II

House. C16, brick fronted in C18. Timberframe on red brick sill,
weatherboarded at ends but front and rear cased in red brick chequered
with black vitrified headers. Steep old red tile roof half-hipped to N,
hipped to S. A 2-storeys, 3 cells, internal chimney plan house,
originally with only 2 heated rooms, facing W. Door into S end of middle
part. W front has 3 windows grouped over the door and 2 flanking it. A
third window lights the N room from near the corner on the Ground floor.
Narrow blocked window on 1st floor in line with chimney. Projecting
brick floor band and segmental relieving arches to lower windows on front
and back. 4-panel flush beaded door with leaded glazed opening in upper
part. Moulded flat hood on fluted consoles. Broad moulded architrave to
door up one step. Interior has axial beams in middle and S part, and N
part axially divided. The property was called Cockes from 1608 to 1805,
and Redhouse Farm c.1818 (Jackson (1983)17).


Listing NGR: TL3900329770

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.