This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9882 / 51°59'17"N
Longitude: -0.1879 / 0°11'16"W
OS Eastings: 524532
OS Northings: 233742
OS Grid: TL245337
Mapcode National: GBR J6Y.7BK
Mapcode Global: VHGNM.P9K6
Entry Name: 24a, High Street
Listing Date: 15 August 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1102109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 161651
Location: North Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG7
District: North Hertfordshire
Town: North Hertfordshire
District Council Ward: Baldock Town
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Baldock
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
1. (South West Side)
TL 2433 NF 2/18
C16 or C17, refaced C19 in Tudor Style. Stucco front with some exposed
timber corbels and brackets on right over recessed carriageway. Old tiled
roof with C19 gabled oriel dormer on right, cement rendered gable on left
side elevation. 2 Storeys, 5 segmental headed sash windows with dripnoulds.
Round arch with dripmould over door. Large C15 carved wooden gates of
carriageway said to have been brought frou1Quickswood nearby. RCHM, p45,
suggests gates were brought from Hospital of Saint Mary Magdelene at Clothall.
The Council Buildings, Nos 6, 6A, 8, 10, 10A, 12, 14, 14A, 14B, 14C, 16,
20, 24, 24A, 26, 32 to 42 (even), Gateway and Wall in front of Wynne's
Almhouses. Nos 46, 46A and 48 to 52 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: TL2453233742
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings