This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8719 / 51°52'18"N
Longitude: 0.1584 / 0°9'30"E
OS Eastings: 548693
OS Northings: 221455
OS Grid: TL486214
Mapcode National: GBR LCD.QVF
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.P6MW
Entry Name: Pearsons
Listing Date: 26 July 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1102410
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160958
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Locality: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bishops Stortford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5253 NORTH STREET
TL 4821 SE:3/66 26.7.71
Two houses now one shop. On south (formerly No 15), mid C18. Painted brick, steep
old red tile roof. Two and a half storeys, 3 windows. Ground floor early C19 shop
front with slim pilasters to door and modern north window. Triple-hung bowed sash
window on south. Zigzag fan over door. First floor sash windows and band beneath
parapet. One gabled dormer. C17 timber frame in rear of shop. On north mid C19.
Stucco, slate hipped roof. Three storey, 5 windows. Ground floor, cast iron, arcaded
shop front in 3 bays of 3 arches with spiralled mullions. Architraves and cornices to
first floor windows, plain eaves.
Listing NGR: TL4869321455
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings