This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8646 / 51°51'52"N
Longitude: 0.1636 / 0°9'48"E
OS Eastings: 549069
OS Northings: 220660
OS Grid: TL490206
Mapcode National: GBR MDY.05T
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.SDBF
Entry Name: North Range of Former Malthouses at Junction with South Street (Peppers)
Listing Date: 18 October 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1102414
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160969
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Built-Up Area: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bishops Stortford Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5253 SOUTHMILL ROAD
North range of former
malthouses at junction
with South Street
TL 42 SE:6/76 18.10.49
1843. Red brick, weatherboarded west and east ends, old red tile and slate roof. Two
and a half storeys. West end has gabled overhanging sack hoist with weathervane.
Centre with segmental arched openings on both floors and 2 slated vents with flat tops
towards east. Interior west end has exposed half-timbered walls. Adjoining west end
is an early C19 red brick, slate roof house. Two storeys, 5 windows, all sash.
Listing NGR: TL4906920660
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings