This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7543 / 51°45'15"N
Longitude: -0.3514 / 0°21'4"W
OS Eastings: 513893
OS Northings: 207462
OS Grid: TL138074
Mapcode National: GBR H83.VB4
Mapcode Global: VHFS7.V5LH
Entry Name: The Blue Anchor
Listing Date: 27 August 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1103115
English Heritage Legacy ID: 163279
Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3
District: St. Albans
Town: St. Albans
Electoral Ward/Division: Verulam
Built-Up Area: St Albans
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: St Albans St Michael
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
1. (South Side)
No 145 (The Blue Anchor)
TL 1307 SE 7/8
Late C18, somewhat restored. 2 storeys, 4 windows. Red brick with
parapet before tiled roof of moderate pitch with cross-gabled wing at rear.
Gauged brick arches to one- and 2-light sash windows with glazing bars
(those on ground floor replaced). Brick plinth. Door, recessed in flat-
panelled reveal, with cornice head and patterned fanlight. Doorcase of
order with, fluted columns, cornice with modillions and dentils, and
similarly enriched open pediment above.
Listing NGR: TL1389307462
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings