History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables to Ferriby House

A Grade II Listed Building in North Ferriby, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7222 / 53°43'19"N

Longitude: -0.5049 / 0°30'17"W

OS Eastings: 498753

OS Northings: 426125

OS Grid: SE987261

Mapcode National: GBR STXD.HF

Mapcode Global: WHGFP.6PVV

Entry Name: Stables to Ferriby House

Listing Date: 6 May 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1103316

English Heritage Legacy ID: 164789

Location: North Ferriby, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU14

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: North Ferriby

Built-Up Area: North Ferriby

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: North Ferriby

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
North Ferriby

Listing Text

NORTH FERRIBY TURNERS LANE
SE 92 NE
(east side)
6/28 Stables to Ferriby House
6.5.52
GV II
Stables, now a telephone exchange. 1788, on weather-vane. Red brick with
stone dressings; graduated stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 11 bays: centre bay
breaks forward slightly under low pediment. Shallow plinth. Central raised
and fielded panelled double-leaf carriage doors with panelled overdoor and
impost band under elliptical gauged brick arch with stepped keyblock. To
bays 3 and 11 are doors of 6 raised and fielded panels with round-headed
overlights,of 4 panes beneath radial glazing. 8 sashes with glazing bars
and radial glazing under round gauged brick arches with impost band and
raised keyblocks. First-floor band. To centre bay is a 4-pane fixed window
with radial glazing under an elliptical gauged brick arch with impost blocks
and raised keyblock flanked to right and to left by 5 elliptical windows
with radial glazing, 3 in gauged brick surrounds and 4 with raised
keyblocks. Moulded eaves and raked cornices; keyed oculus with radial
glazing to pediment. Interior: largely filled with C20 switching gear.
However the 2 right bays contain an axial arcade of 3 bays of moulded round
arches on slender Tuscan columns.
N M R PHOTO


Listing NGR: SE9875326125

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.