This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6919 / 51°41'30"N
Longitude: -0.2346 / 0°14'4"W
OS Eastings: 522121
OS Northings: 200708
OS Grid: TL221007
Mapcode National: GBR 97.5HF
Mapcode Global: VHGPY.WQBW
Entry Name: Mymsmead
Listing Date: 12 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1103555
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164235
Location: South Mimms, Hertsmere, Hertfordshire, EN6
Civil Parish: South Mimms
Built-Up Area: South Mimms
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: South Mymms
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 20 SW POTTERS BAR BLANCHE LANE
(South east side)
4/183 No. 49
House. Probably early Cl7, by 1787 converted to 2 cottages, by 1842 had
become 4 cottages. Brick ground floor, roughcast on probable timber
frame above. Tiled roof. Originally 3 bay lobby entry extended by one
bay to left. 2 storeys. Brick ground floor: central entrance in slightly
projecting bay with plank door in timber case with 4 centred head and
bracketed and moulded hood. Flanking 2 light lattice casements, 3 light
casement to left. Rectangular ground floor bay to right. Roughcast first
floor: 2 light casements, 3 leaded, 1 with timber glazing bars. Large
axial ridge stack between 2 right bays. Smaller ridge stack between 2
left bays. External end wall stack to left. Right return has large 2
storey semi-octagonal bay addition with tile-hanging to first floor. 2
storey tile hung extension with open ground floor and hipped roof to
rear right. Lean-to brick extension with side entrance to rear left.
Interior not inspected. (RCHM Typescript).
Listing NGR: TL2212100708
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings