This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7238 / 50°43'25"N
Longitude: -3.5292 / 3°31'45"W
OS Eastings: 292152
OS Northings: 92685
OS Grid: SX921926
Mapcode National: GBR P1.8SFQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 37H5.8WD
Entry Name: Remains of St Catherine's Chapel
Listing Date: 29 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1104032
English Heritage Legacy ID: 88949
Location: Exeter, Devon, EX1
Electoral Ward/Division: St David's
Built-Up Area: Exeter
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Central Exeter
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
Remains of St Catherine's
SX 9292 NW 3/86 29.1.53
Adjoining the Almshouses and part of the same foundation. Appears to have been
a 2 storey building of very small dimensions. (About 20 ft by 9 ft). Two C15
windows at east end (one restored) and small square windows to upper storey. Stone
font or stoup in recess on north side. Bell turret. The whole was destroyed by
fire 4 May 1942 and the ruins remain as a War Memorial.
Listing NGR: SX9215292685
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings