This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6489 / 50°38'55"N
Longitude: -3.4239 / 3°25'26"W
OS Eastings: 299426
OS Northings: 84208
OS Grid: SX994842
Mapcode National: GBR P3.RYP6
Mapcode Global: FRA 37QC.7WS
Entry Name: Hares
Listing Date: 21 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1104231
English Heritage Legacy ID: 88514
Location: Lympstone, East Devon, Devon, EX8
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Lympstone
Built-Up Area: Lympstone
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Lympstone Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 98 SE LYMPSTONE CHURCH ROAD (south side),
Cottage at the end of a row; unlike the other cottages Hares faces south, away from
Church Road. Circa 1700, much altered, especially in the C19 and C20. Plastered
cob on stone footings; gabled-end pantiled roof. 2-room plan house with a central
cross passage; rear stairs. 2 storeys.
Front: 3-window range, originally symmetrical. Two 2-light casement windows and
one 12-pane horizontally sliding sash window with wooden guiding pegs to sills on
first floor; 2-light casement window to right of central door; C20 bay window to
left. All other windows are C20; there is a C20 garage facing the street.
Interior: a variety of panelling throughout; a mostly fielded panel dado to ground
floor rooms; a late screens passage made up of different panel types, probably of
different periods; fielded panel doors. 2 ceiling beams, both chamfered, that to
right-hand room with step stops.
Listing NGR: SX9942684208
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings