History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Anne

A Grade II Listed Building in Woolfardisworthy, Devon

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9838 / 50°59'1"N

Longitude: -4.3531 / 4°21'11"W

OS Eastings: 234928

OS Northings: 123120

OS Grid: SS349231

Mapcode National: GBR KB.L91T

Mapcode Global: FRA 16RH.ZX7

Entry Name: Church of St Anne

Listing Date: 19 June 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1104436

English Heritage Legacy ID: 91288

Location: Woolfardisworthy, Torridge, Devon, EX39

County: Devon

District: Torridge

Civil Parish: Woolfardisworthy

Traditional County: Devon

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon

Church of England Parish: Bucks Mills St Anne

Church of England Diocese: Exeter

Find accommodation in
Woolfardisworthy

Listing Text

WOOLFARDISWORTHY BUCKS MILLS
SS 32 SE

5/219 Church of St Anne
-

- II

Church. Built for the formation of an ecclesiastical parish in 1862 by Mrs Elwes.
Stone rubble walls. Gable-ended slate roof. Conical roof to tower.
Plan: rectangular plan of nave and chancel with tower projecting on north side and
porch on south side. Tower restored 1887. Built in Decorated style.
Exterior: simple 1 and 2-light Decorated style windows, 2 on north side and 4 on
south side. 2 2-light windows at west end with rose window above. East end has more
elaborate 3-light window. Tower projects on north side of chancel/nave division, it
is slate hung on its top stage and has 2 2-centred arched doorways on its east side,
one on the 1st floor level. Gabled south porch has 2-centred moulded outer and
inner arches. The chancel is lower than the nave.
Interior: moulded chancel arch. Carved stone pulpit reached by doorway from tower.
Arch-braced roof structure of which alternate trusses are raised crucks standing on
stone corbels. Simple panelled bench ends.


Listing NGR: SS3492823120

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.