This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9855 / 50°59'7"N
Longitude: -4.1613 / 4°9'40"W
OS Eastings: 248391
OS Northings: 122900
OS Grid: SS483229
Mapcode National: GBR KL.L9LR
Mapcode Global: FRA 265H.W1P
Entry Name: No 2 Venton Cottages and Attached Outbuilding
Listing Date: 19 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105112
English Heritage Legacy ID: 91546
Location: Weare Giffard, Torridge, Devon, EX39
Civil Parish: Weare Giffard
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Weare Giffard Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
WEARE GIFFARD VENTON
No 2 Venton Cottages
and attached outbuilding
Two dwellings, now house and attached outbuilding. Mid/late C17. Roughcast
stone and cob; hipped and gabled artificial slate roof; C20 brick ridge stack.
3-unit plan with cross passage to left of central hall. 2 storeys; 3-window
range. C20 porch and door to left. Flat arches over late C19/C20 two-light
casements. Interior: chamfered and plain beams to ground floor; C18 plank
door with sneck latch to rear of passage. C17 A-frame roof with lap-jointed
collars and ridge purlin set into notched apexes. Subsidiary features:
2-storey C17 outbuilding, formerly a separate dwelling, attached to right. Of
roughcast stone and cob with corrugated iron roof. C20 metal door. Rear wall
has C19 metal door. Interior: C17 three-bay A-frame roof with lap-jointed
collars and ridge purlin set into notched apex. First-floor beams have been
removed; C17 fireplace on right end wall of first floor has wattle and daub
hood resting on plain corbelled bressummer.
Listing NGR: SS4839122900
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings