This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9973 / 50°59'50"N
Longitude: -4.1267 / 4°7'36"W
OS Eastings: 250860
OS Northings: 124137
OS Grid: SS508241
Mapcode National: GBR KN.KDDJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 267G.XTB
Entry Name: Haddacott Farmhouse and Attached Wall and Barn
Listing Date: 19 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105147
English Heritage Legacy ID: 91429
Location: Huntshaw, Torridge, Devon, EX38
Civil Parish: Huntshaw
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Huntshaw St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
8/112 Haddacott Farmhouse
and attached wall
Farmhouse. Early/mid C18; remodelled and extended to rear c.
1860. Stone and cob, with colourwashed render; mid C19 rear
extension of coursed slate-stone with brick dressings; gabled
slate roof; mid C19 brick left stack, and large C18 external end
stack to right, of stone finished in C19 brick. L-plan with rear
right wing. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Mid C19
yellow brick porch with 6-panelled (4 glazed) door. Mid/late C19
three-light casements with glazing bars. Mid C19 dairy outshut
adjoins mid C19 rear right wing. Interior: mid C19 doors and
staircase. Subsidiary features: approx. 3m long slatestone
rubble wall attached to C18 barn, remodelled in mid C19, which
projects at right angles from front right wing. Coursed
slatestone, with cob at upper level beneath eaves; hipped Welsh
slate roof. C19 plank double doors with strap hinges to
threshing bay, which has C19 plank door with strap hinges to
rear. Wheel house adjoins threshing bay.
Listing NGR: SS5086024137
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings