This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6811 / 50°40'51"N
Longitude: -4.1184 / 4°7'6"W
OS Eastings: 250435
OS Northings: 88962
OS Grid: SX504889
Mapcode National: GBR NX.6HYV
Mapcode Global: FRA 2788.MCT
Entry Name: Former Shippon Approximately 15 Metres East North East of Stone Farmhouse
Listing Date: 7 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105600
English Heritage Legacy ID: 94309
Location: Bridestowe, West Devon, Devon, EX20
District: West Devon
Civil Parish: Bridestowe
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Bridestowe
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 58 NW
Former shippon approximately
15 metres east-north-east of Stone
Shippon, now partly in use as stable. Circa mid C19. Local stone rubble walls with
brick dressings. Gable-ended corrugated iron roof.
Rectangular plan with row of shippons to ground floor and granary above right-hand
2 storeys. Asymmetrical front with 4 doorways on the ground floor which are paired
to either side of a wide opening. Steps at right-hand end lead to a granary door
which has a window to either side. Also on the 1st floor are 2 loading hatches to
left and right of centre.
This range is situated on the east side of the farmyard at the back of Stone
Listing NGR: SX5043588962
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings