This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5723 / 50°34'20"N
Longitude: -4.1884 / 4°11'18"W
OS Eastings: 245133
OS Northings: 77016
OS Grid: SX451770
Mapcode National: GBR NT.FB0K
Mapcode Global: FRA 273K.B2L
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 23 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105744
English Heritage Legacy ID: 93955
Location: Lamerton, West Devon, Devon, PL19
District: West Devon
Civil Parish: Lamerton
Built-Up Area: Lamerton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
SX 47 NE
3/59 The Vicarage
Vicarage, now house. c 1840, possibly incorporating earlier building, with some C20
alterations. Rubble, stucco, slate roofs with ridge coping and gable stack to right,
rear lateral stack.
Main 3-bay range with central entance has gable end stack to right and to left on
ridge; lower 2½-storey rear service wing to right, forming overall L-plan, has gabled
porch. Probably entrance in main range leads to hall. with principal room right and
left, full inspection not possible at time of survey (August 1985).
2 storeys and 3 windows, first floor has two 2-light casements of 6 panes each under
eaves to left, canted bay through 2 storeys to right with similar single-light
casements to all 3 sides and hipped roof; ground floor to left has 4-light mullion
and transom window with 8 panes below and 2 above transom, central 4-centred arched
door opening with hood-mould, moulded spandrels, half-glazed doors with margin
glazing; bay to right has 4-pane lights below transom and 2 above, scalloped
slatehanging between ground and first floor. Right return has gable end with
chamfered edges, external stack; 2½ storey rear wing with 3 windows has gabled porch
to left with plinth, 4-centred arched opening with hood-mould, chamfered, with inner
tall 4-centred arched opening with door with raised fillets in 2 panels, sidelights
and fanlight with Gothic glazing. To right, ground floor has 2 C20 mullion and
transom casements, first floor has three 2-light casements, 4 flat-roofed dormers;
slate-hung 1½ storey lean-to to right with 4-light multi-pane casement, ridge stack
with cap. Rest of building not accessible.
Listing NGR: SX4513377016
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings