This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5685 / 50°34'6"N
Longitude: -4.1881 / 4°11'17"W
OS Eastings: 245139
OS Northings: 76594
OS Grid: SX451765
Mapcode National: GBR NT.FJ31
Mapcode Global: FRA 273K.J6G
Entry Name: Trevenn
Listing Date: 21 March 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105778
English Heritage Legacy ID: 93932
Location: Lamerton, West Devon, Devon, PL19
District: West Devon
Civil Parish: Lamerton
Built-Up Area: Lamerton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
SX 47 NE
Farmhouse, now house. All C17 main block, c.1650, probably later C17 gabled bay to
front, with later C19 and C20 alterations. Random slatestone rubble, granite
dressings, concrete tiled roof, ridge stack with stone cap to hall fireplace, smaller
ridge stack to left.
Possibly originally 3 room and through passage plan, lower end to left, hall and
inner room to right, with stair tower to rear of hall. Hall stack at ridge, backing
on to passage, passage lower wall removed, also front and rear doors blocked and
replaced by windows; gabled bay to front imposition of probable original front entry,
originally constructed as 2-storey gabled porch. Gable end stack to inner room
removed, stack at lower end possibly originally gable end, now on ridge where lower
end extended under hipped roof; entry formed in 2-storey porch to rear right into
lower end extension.
2 storeys, 2:1:2 windows, to right 3-light window at ground floor and 2 smaller 3-
light windows at first floor, all chamfered granite surrounds with C20 3-pane lights
and slate drip stone over ground floor window, glazed door to left with granite
lintel, hollow-chamfered with semi-circular central moulding; lower roof level to 2-
storey front bay, gabled with 3-light casement of C20 at ground floor and 3-light
chamfered granite casement at first floor, upper level slate-hung; lower range to
left has hipped roof, front lean-to addition and gable end two 2-light casements,
half-glazed door to side, single C20 light and single 3-pane casement under eaves;
lean-to attached to left has 2-light ground floor casement. Left return has 2-light
and 3-light ground floor C20 casement, right return has external stack without
chimney. Rear has addition to former dairy with pitched roof, formerly gabled, 4-
pane light to rear and 2-pane light to side; stair tower with curved wall has small
2-light casement at upper level, ground and first floor right a 2-light chamfered
granite casement; roof stepped down by stack, granite lintel to former door, with 2-
light casement with chamfered wooden mullion inserted; rear wing to end right has
half-glazed door, 2-light chamfered granite casement above, C20 door with granite
lintel to right in lean-to.
Interior central room has 2-centred arched head to fireplace in granite, blocked
former door to right with carved lintel and recess in rear wall, roughly chamfered
and run-out stopped beams. Room to end right has winder stair to rear in stair
tower, granite lintel to fireplace with oven to left; rear wing lean-to formerly
dairy with slate benches. At first floor, end room to right has lower half of
plasterwork panel with MEMENTO MORI, moulded, possibly doorframe with round inset
panel at top of stair, rear passage has 2 corbels remaining.
(Sources: Alcock, Dr N. : Unpublished notes 1985).
Listing NGR: SX4513976594
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings