This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5399 / 50°32'23"N
Longitude: -4.148 / 4°8'52"W
OS Eastings: 247889
OS Northings: 73323
OS Grid: SX478733
Mapcode National: GBR NW.H8CT
Mapcode Global: FRA 276M.V42
Entry Name: New Cemetery Chapel
Listing Date: 20 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105829
English Heritage Legacy ID: 93495
Location: Tavistock, West Devon, Devon, PL19
District: West Devon
Civil Parish: Tavistock
Built-Up Area: Tavistock
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
5185 PLYMOUTH ROAD
New Cemetery Chapel
SX 47 SE 2/108
Circa 1880, gift of the Duke of Bedford. Very elaborate design for a cemetery
chapel. French Gothic style. One storey stone with roof covered with lead sheeting.
Buttresses. Octagonal angle turret. Pseudo-machicolations. Massive porch.
Listing NGR: SX4788973323
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings