History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Courtyard Range of Farmbuildings Circa 15 Metres North Of, and on Opposite Side of Road to Killington Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Martinhoe, Devon

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.202 / 51°12'7"N

Longitude: -3.9092 / 3°54'33"W

OS Eastings: 266712

OS Northings: 146483

OS Grid: SS667464

Mapcode National: GBR KY.4FH4

Mapcode Global: VH4MG.616W

Entry Name: Courtyard Range of Farmbuildings Circa 15 Metres North Of, and on Opposite Side of Road to Killington Farm

Listing Date: 9 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1106775

English Heritage Legacy ID: 97085

Location: Martinhoe, North Devon, Devon, EX31

County: Devon

District: North Devon

Civil Parish: Martinhoe

Traditional County: Devon

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon

Church of England Parish: Martinhoe St Martin

Church of England Diocese: Exeter

Find accommodation in
Martinhoe

Listing Text

MARTINHOE
SS 64 NE
3/107 Courtyard range of farmbuildings
circa 15 metres north of, and on
opposite site of road to
Killington Farm
II
Courtyard range of farmbuildings, comprising barn with granary loft, stables,
shippon and piggeries. 1873 by datestone. Unrendered stone rubble with brick
dressings. Slate roofs with gable ends.
4-sided planned courtyard range of farmbuildings with barn and granary loft to rear,
with cart entrance to left side, lofted shippons and stables forming the gable-ended
wings to each side, and single storey piggeries and loose-box to each side of narrow
gated front entrance.
Barn has external stone steps to loft plank door with gabled slate roof. Slate
dateplaque to left, initially and dated 1873. Slightly cambered brick arch to cart
entrance with double plank doors. Shippons and stables have plank doors with
slightly cambered brick arches, and loft doors over. Piggery fittings intact
including original feeding doors in outer wall.
The entire courtyard range is remarkable unspoilt, retains its cobbled yard, and
occupies a prominent roadside position.


Listing NGR: SS6671246483

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.