This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1586 / 51°9'31"N
Longitude: -3.9774 / 3°58'38"W
OS Eastings: 261820
OS Northings: 141788
OS Grid: SS618417
Mapcode National: GBR KV.7872
Mapcode Global: VH4MM.04PM
Entry Name: Penberthys Farmhouse
Listing Date: 9 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1106824
English Heritage Legacy ID: 96994
Location: Arlington, North Devon, Devon, EX31
District: North Devon
Civil Parish: Arlington
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: East Down St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
ARLINGTON ARLINGTON BECCOTT
SS 64 SW
5/18 Penberthys Farmhouse
Tenement farmhouse. Early C19. Stone rubble, facade and left gable end slate hung.
Slate roof with gable end stone rubble stacks, that to right with drip, that to left
rendered. Hipped asbestos slate roof to former outbuilding at left end.
Principal room with small service rooms to rear to each side of wide central
staircase filling the entrance passage. Kitchen and former outbuilding converted to
form part of dwelling in lower range at left end. Gable-ended single storey dairy
projection to rear.
2 storeys. 3-window symmetrical 2-light casements. Outer upper storey casements
have 6 panes per light, otherwise windows have margin glazing bars. Brick porch
with slate lean-to roof. 4 panelled inner door, the upper panels glazed. Lower
range to left, taken in to form part of dwelling, has loft door above infilled cart
entrance and C19 2-light casements 8 panes per light above small window to left of
Interior: C19 joinery principally intact.
Listing NGR: SS6182041788
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings