This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8085 / 50°48'30"N
Longitude: -3.7792 / 3°46'45"W
OS Eastings: 274738
OS Northings: 102503
OS Grid: SS747025
Mapcode National: GBR L3.YBG7
Mapcode Global: FRA 26ZY.MJ6
Entry Name: Service Outbuildings Adjoining to North of Clannaborough Barton
Listing Date: 20 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1106981
English Heritage Legacy ID: 96567
Location: Clannaborough, Mid Devon, Devon, EX17
District: Mid Devon
Civil Parish: Clannaborough
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Clannaborough St Petrock
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 70 SW
2/54 Service outbuildings adjoining
- to north of Clannaborough Barton
Service outbuildings belonging to Clannaborough Barton. Small part may be C17,
rest circa 1801. Plastered cob on rubble footings; cob stack topped with C19
brick; slate roof.
3 ranges of outbuilding facing into pitched cobble courtyard to rear of
Clannaborough Barton (q.v.) which encloses the fourth and southern range of the
courtyard. All ranges are 2 storeys, and northern range is higher than other 2.
Eastern range includes bakehouse to right, a through passage and store to left.
North range is garages made from former coach house. West range is former stables
with carriageway through wall connecting south end of stables to Clannaborough
Barton. East range presents 4 doorways to courtyard. Any first floor windows are
blocked. North range mostly taken up by C20 wide sliding doors with glazed windows
above and at right end is plank door with window alongside and hayloft loading
hatch over. West range has irregular arrangement with 4 doorways with 1 ground
floor window left of centre, a low feeding hatch near right end, and 2 small first
floor windows. Roofs have hipped ends.
Interiors show plain carpentry detail. Bakehouse fireplace has C17 oak lintel with
broad fluted moulding along soffit with bar run-out stops and includes a blocked
oven to left. Roofs of A-frame trusses with nailed lap-jointed collars include
many reused timbers.
Listing NGR: SS7473802503
Other nearby listed buildings