This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1097 / 51°6'35"N
Longitude: -4.1606 / 4°9'38"W
OS Eastings: 248846
OS Northings: 136714
OS Grid: SS488367
Mapcode National: GBR KL.B9T3
Mapcode Global: VH3Q7.TCSM
Entry Name: No.17 Including Barn Adjoining to South
Listing Date: 25 February 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1107085
English Heritage Legacy ID: 98324
Location: Braunton, North Devon, Devon, EX33
District: North Devon
Civil Parish: Braunton
Built-Up Area: Braunton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Braunton St Brannock
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 4836=4936 BRAUNTON EAST STREET (west side)
12/85 No. 17, including barn adjoining
- to south
House, formerly farmhouse and adjoining barn now used as ambulance shed. C16/C17.
Whitewashed cob with pantiled roof, formerly thatched, continuous over barn and
house. L-shaped plan. Street front range has wide entrance passage and staircase
adjoining hall to left with large rubble lateral stack with moulded cap extended in
brick. Right-angled kitchen extension to rear with rubble stack with moulded cap
and pigeon-holes to right of stack in gable end. Facade has 2 C20 half dormers with
2-light casements to each side of lateral stack, 2 sashes, 2 panes per sash to each
side of stack on ground floor and C20 glazed door to right. Front room beams and
fireplace boxed and blocked in. Kitchen range has single chamfered and stopped
beam. Otherwise interior much altered. Barn extending to left has large C20 cart
entrance to left.
Listing NGR: SS4884636714
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings