This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7551 / 51°45'18"N
Longitude: -1.259 / 1°15'32"W
OS Eastings: 451245
OS Northings: 206525
OS Grid: SP512065
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.SN5
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.448W
Entry Name: The Martyrs Memorial
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1107172
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245634
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The Martyrs' Memorial
SP 5106 NW 5/136 12.1.54.
By Sir Gilbert Scott, 1841. Repaired circa 1920 and cleaned and partly restored
1949. Built in Permian dolomite and Bath stone. It is a Gothic design
of the Queen Eleanor Cross type. Forms the Southern terminal to St Giles'
Listing NGR: SP5124506525
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings