This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4456 / 50°26'44"N
Longitude: -3.8202 / 3°49'12"W
OS Eastings: 270858
OS Northings: 62220
OS Grid: SX708622
Mapcode National: GBR QD.M8D0
Mapcode Global: FRA 27WW.9JJ
Entry Name: Stippadon
Listing Date: 27 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1107362
English Heritage Legacy ID: 99348
Location: South Brent, South Hams, Devon, TQ10
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: South Brent
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: South Brent St Petroc
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 76 SW
Farmhouse. C16 or early C17, the lower (north east) end rebuilt in 1820. Stone
rubble. Slate roof with gabled ends. Right hand lower end has higher roof level.
Originally probably a three room and cross or through passage plan with early C19
rebuilt lower end, and wing at right angles at higher end demolished. Axial stack
probably originally at lower end of hall and stack at lower end of rebuilt part.
Two storeys. Long three window range. The rebuilt right hand end has sash windows
with glazing bars and central doorway with lintel inscribed "T H 1820", and flush
panel door. The left hand end has casements, wide plank door and stone porch at
junction, in front of axial stack forming baffle entry. At right angles to left
hand a projecting wing has been demolished leaving a rendered gable end with C20
casements and door. Interior: Doorway from lobby to lower end of hall has ovolo
moulded timber frame with carved stops cut off. Lintel over hall fireplace renewed.
Hall ceiling beam plastered over. Solid wall between hall and inner room with
heavy timber door frame with later frame inserted. Chamfered doorframe on first
floor. Three (or more) roof trusses over higher end and hall with side-pegged
lap-jointed apices and side-pegged collars. Mortices for two tiers of threaded
purlins, purlins and rafters missing.
Listing NGR: SX7085862220
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings