This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4281 / 50°25'41"N
Longitude: -3.8658 / 3°51'57"W
OS Eastings: 267567
OS Northings: 60356
OS Grid: SX675603
Mapcode National: GBR QB.8GPD
Mapcode Global: FRA 27SX.HS3
Entry Name: Pair of Barns, Immediately South East of Corringdon Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1107398
English Heritage Legacy ID: 99334
Location: South Brent, South Hams, Devon, TQ10
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: South Brent
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: South Brent St Petroc
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 66 SE
5/190 Pair of barns, immediately
south east of Corringdon
Pair of barns linked by loft over a cartway, and with attached linhay C17 with
C19 (dated 1868) alterations. Granite rubble with dry slate roof with gabled
and half-hipped ends. Some early crested ridge tiles. Buff-coloured brick arch-
way linking the barns. Two barns at obtuse angle to each other, linked by arched
cartway, with loft above. The south barn has shippon below facing farmyard and
lean-to linhay on opposite outside wall. The east side of south barn external
stone stairs to large threshing plain doors with wide slated canopy over.
Ventilation slit to right. Lean-to linhay to left with circular granite rubble
pier, tallet floor and corrugated iron roof. On opposite side facing yard shippen
doors. Small opening possibly owl hole or ventilator on half-hipped south end
wall. At obtuse angle, second barn to north wall. Small window to yard, loft
doorway to north end at higher ground level. Open-fronted lean-to on outside
east side filled in with concrete blocks. The two barns linked by segmental
by arched cartway in buff-coloured brick with date over arch 1868. Roof over
south barn principals with halved apices and lapped collars all side-pegged.
Roof replaced over north barn with nailed soft-wood trusses. Loft over cartway
also has nailed softwood trusses. Late C19 farmhouse to north west is not included.
Listing NGR: SX6756760356
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings