This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0645 / 51°3'52"N
Longitude: -4.0405 / 4°2'25"W
OS Eastings: 257117
OS Northings: 131440
OS Grid: SS571314
Mapcode National: GBR KR.FB6R
Mapcode Global: FRA 26F9.MQ9
Entry Name: Stables and Adjoining Outbuilding Approximately 5 Metres East of Rosehill
Listing Date: 18 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1107697
English Heritage Legacy ID: 98528
Location: Bishop's Tawton, North Devon, Devon, EX32
District: North Devon
Civil Parish: Bishop's Tawton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Newport
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
BISHOPS TAWTON RUMSAM ROAD
SS 53 SE
7/49 Stables and adjoining outbuilding
approximately 5 metres east of
Stables and adjoining coach house. c.1840. Stone rubble. Stables with
corrugated asbestos roof, coach house with slate roof, both with gabled ends, the
left-hand gable end of coach house has small brick stack. Rectangular on plan with
stables to right and adjoining coach house on left. Stables to right. 2 storeys.
Symmetrical front with round arch central doorway flanked by lunettes either side.
Loft doorway at centre of first floor with Gothick 2-centred arch. Coach house to
left, single storey with lower roof, ground floor double doors with wide overlight
above. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SS5711731440
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings