History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Christ Church (Baptist Methodist United Reform Church)

A Grade II Listed Building in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6941 / 51°41'38"N

Longitude: -2.223 / 2°13'22"W

OS Eastings: 384682

OS Northings: 199508

OS Grid: ST846995

Mapcode National: GBR 1N4.NT0

Mapcode Global: VH954.FP44

Entry Name: Christ Church (Baptist Methodist United Reform Church)

Listing Date: 17 July 1980

Last Amended: 3 July 1981

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1107892

English Heritage Legacy ID: 354681

Location: Nailsworth, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

Civil Parish: Nailsworth

Built-Up Area: Nailsworth

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Nailsworth St George

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Nailsworth

Listing Text

In the entry for
NEWMARKET ROAD
United reformed
Church (Christ Church)

The address shall be.amended to read
6/106 NEWMARKET ROAD
Christ Church
(Baptist - Methodist
United Reform Church)

------------------------------------

NEWMARKET ROAD
1.
5227
United Reformed Church
(Christ Church)
ST 8499 6/106
II
2.
Removed to this site 1881. Known as Shortwood Chapel. Large pedimented
gable to front in classical style. Two storeys. Coursed and dressed
rubble with ashlar dressings. Four pilasters with fluted capping, modillion
cornice. Pediment opened by arched window, with sub-Venetian tracery,
in centre of first floor. Three bays, segment headed windows with marginal
glazing, architraves, ground floor with cornices, first floor cill band.
Arched entrance with panelled spandrels, recess for doorway. Seven bay
vessel.
Tablet to left of entrance inscribed with Chapel's history (originally
(1716) in Shortwood).


Listing NGR: ST8468299508

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.