This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7413 / 50°44'28"N
Longitude: -1.8064 / 1°48'22"W
OS Eastings: 413757
OS Northings: 93538
OS Grid: SZ137935
Mapcode National: GBR 559.D4P
Mapcode Global: FRA 7734.2AW
Entry Name: Iford Bridge
Listing Date: 14 October 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1108217
English Heritage Legacy ID: 101404
Location: Christchurch, Dorset, BH6
Civil Parish: Non Civil Parish
District Council Ward: Portfield
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Christchurch Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SZ 19 SW
This bridge is in three sections over the River Stour. Mid C17 to late C18 early Cl9. The easternmost section dates from late C18 early C19. Red brick with stone coping to parapet. All arches now blocked to base of parapet but when exposed, six round-headed arches with stone linings to soffits. Arches alternately large and small with pilasters between them. In the centre, two pilasters form a blind, round-headed panel. The middle section is mid C17. Ashlar, mixed ironstone and Purbeck stone. Four round-headed arches with pointed cutwaters between. Red brick parapet with stone coping. The westernmost section is late C18. Grey ashlar with ironstone banding to cutwaters. Four round-headed arches with piers standing on mud islets, cornice above and parapet with coping. Cutwaters between arches with recessed circular panels above them on the south side of bridge.
The asset was previously listed twice also at List entry 1153322.
This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13th April 2016.
Listing NGR: SZ1375793538
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings