History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables and Coach House About 40 Metres North North West of Dundridge

A Grade II Listed Building in Harberton, Devon

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.4124 / 50°24'44"N

Longitude: -3.7145 / 3°42'52"W

OS Eastings: 278273

OS Northings: 58357

OS Grid: SX782583

Mapcode National: GBR QK.GKDL

Mapcode Global: FRA 373Y.W41

Entry Name: Stables and Coach House About 40 Metres North North West of Dundridge

Listing Date: 26 April 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1108244

English Heritage Legacy ID: 101263

Location: Harberton, South Hams, Devon, TQ9

County: Devon

District: South Hams

Civil Parish: Harberton

Traditional County: Devon

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon

Church of England Parish: Harberton

Church of England Diocese: Exeter

Find accommodation in
Harberton

Listing Text

HARBERTON

SX75NE Stables and coach
5/356 house about 40 metres
NNW of Dundridge

GV II

Stables and coach house to Dundridge. Circa 1830 stables with coach house and
stable extension date 1891 possibly by W H Tollit. Rendered stone rubble with
slate roofs. The 1891 coach house extension has red and yellow brick
dressings.
Plan: L-shaped on plan formed by addition of coach house at range angles to
original stables.
Exterior: Original stable range has 2-storey centre with pedimental gable end
to south west. At either side on outshut with lunettes in the clerestorey
above containing small hatches to hay loft. Round headed windows in gable
end.
The extension at right angles has wide gabled end to south east with red brick
elliptical arch to carriageway and Venetian window about with the central red
brick and flanking white brick pilasters to side lights. The gable has
moulded white brick verges and finial at apex, and a timber cupola bellcote
with pilasters to splayed corner, cornice and shallow ogee dome with
weathervane.
Interior of coach house extension; the carriage entrance leads to central
coach house with arch-braced timber roof with central roof light at ridge.
Access to stables either side through brick doorways. The stables have
complete set of iron and timber stalls. The original stables also has access
from coach house, and has complete range of circa 1891 stalls.


Listing NGR: SX7827358357

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.