This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4367 / 50°26'11"N
Longitude: -3.6509 / 3°39'3"W
OS Eastings: 282858
OS Northings: 60947
OS Grid: SX828609
Mapcode National: GBR QN.ZXC8
Mapcode Global: FRA 377W.X3B
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Last Amended: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1108538
English Heritage Legacy ID: 100554
Location: Berry Pomeroy, South Hams, Devon, TQ9
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: Berry Pomeroy
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Berry Pomeroy St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 8260 BERRY POMEROY
12/16 The Old Vicarage
(formerly listed as "The
House, formerly the vicarage. Circa early C18 with early C19 wings at rear.
Stuccoed stone rubble. Steeply pitched tartaruga slate roof with gabled ends
and coved eaves soffit. Two storeys. Six bays. Sashes with glazing bars in
exposed cases. Ground floor C20 verandah on square columns with modillion
cornices. Slate hung chimney stacks at gable ends. Single storey bowed wing to
left (west) with conical roof, modillion eaves and curved sash window with
glazing bars. Circa early C19 wings at rear (north). Probably built by John
Prince, 1681-1723 vicar of St Mary's Church q.v. and author of "The Worthies of
Devon", first published in 1701.
Listing NGR: SX8285860947
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings