This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4491 / 50°26'56"N
Longitude: -3.6395 / 3°38'22"W
OS Eastings: 283698
OS Northings: 62317
OS Grid: SX836623
Mapcode National: GBR QQ.50NL
Mapcode Global: FRA 378V.V8L
Entry Name: Castle Mill and Adjoining Miller's House
Listing Date: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1108573
English Heritage Legacy ID: 100539
Location: Berry Pomeroy, South Hams, Devon, TQ9
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: Berry Pomeroy
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Berry Pomeroy St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 86 SW BERRY POMEROY
5/2 Castle Mill and adjoining
Disused water mill and adjoining miller's house. The mill is circa C18 or
earlier. Stone rubble, partly rendered. Corrugated asbestos sheet roof with
gabled ends. Situated on sloping ground, two and three storeys. Some hollow-
chamfered stone windows with hoodmoulds probably reused from Berry Pomeroy
Castle q.v. On the north side a three-light hollow-chamfered window with
hoodmould with fleuron stops. At the lower end of the mill a wide segmental
arched doorway. Lower two-storey wing at right angles to south-west, is a
three-window range with slate roof. C18 fixed-light windows with glazing bars
and wooden lintels. Truncated projecting chimney stack at rear (north) of this
wing. Interior: at the higher end of the old north range a chamfered ceiling
beam and chamfered joists. C19 house adjoining north may incorporate some
earlier material. None of the machinery survives.
Reference: NMR photograph taken c.1865, reference No BB82/12121.
Listing NGR: SX8369862317
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings