This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.731 / 50°43'51"N
Longitude: -1.8471 / 1°50'49"W
OS Eastings: 410888
OS Northings: 92382
OS Grid: SZ108923
Mapcode National: GBR XCB.2W
Mapcode Global: FRA 7704.XXM
Entry Name: 244-248, Windham Road
Listing Date: 27 February 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1108812
English Heritage Legacy ID: 101912
Location: Bournemouth, BH1
Unitary Authority Ward: East Cliff and Springbourne
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Bournemouth St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
5186 WINDHAM ROAD
Nos 244 to 248 (even)
SZ 1092 23/220
3 artisan cottages forming terrace in Arts and Crafts vernacular style, yet as
early as 1874, built as Springbourne mission house of St Clement's Church and
almost certainly designed by F D Sedding. Symmetrical centre with flat door hood
on brackets and inscription panel RS 1874 (Robert Scurfield was curate of St
Clement's). Pinkish brown brick, segment-headed window with 2 white plaster
gables over. Bigger brick gable to left with broad segment-headed windows on
both floors, narrow windows in similar gable to right.
Listing NGR: SZ1088892382
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings