This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2126 / 53°12'45"N
Longitude: -1.4067 / 1°24'24"W
OS Eastings: 439716
OS Northings: 368556
OS Grid: SK397685
Mapcode National: GBR 69G.R4G
Mapcode Global: WHDFH.CJC0
Entry Name: Church of St Paul
Listing Date: 29 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1108900
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79351
Location: Grassmoor, Hasland and Winswick, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S41
District: North East Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Grassmoor, Hasland and Winswick
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Hasland St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 36 NE PARISH OF GRASSMOOR, CHURCHSIDE
2/3 HASLAND AND WINSICK (East Side)
Church of St Paul
Church. 1850 by T.C.Hine. North aisle added in 1866. Coursed sandstone with
sandstone dressings. Welsh slate roofs with stone coped gables and a tall, gabled
west bell turret. Nave with south porch; north aisle, north vestry and chancel.
Decorated Style. South elevation with three pairs of trefoil headed 2-light windows
and a steep gabled porch with double chamfered doorway and panelled double doors.
North side with two similar windows and a C20 extension. West elevation with a
2-light window within a pointed arch with trefoiled lights and a quatrefoil above.
Set within a projecting feature, like an external stack, becoming narrower towards
the top and on which sits the bellcote. North aisle, west window of 3-lights with
three foiled circles above. North aisle east window of 3-lights with large foiled
circle above. Chancel south side with a single chamfered priests' doorway with
hoodmould and headstops and a single trefoiled lancet. East window of three
trefoiled lights with three foiled circles above. Interior has a four bay north
arcade with circular piers and abaci, and double chamfered arches. Corbel responds.
Two south windows with stained glass of 1919 and 1931 by Jones & Willis.
Listing NGR: SK3971668556
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings