History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trinity Methodist Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Dethick, Lea and Holloway, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1053 / 53°6'19"N

Longitude: -1.5174 / 1°31'2"W

OS Eastings: 432405

OS Northings: 356566

OS Grid: SK324565

Mapcode National: GBR 6BP.766

Mapcode Global: WHCDW.N6MQ

Entry Name: Trinity Methodist Church

Listing Date: 14 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1109179

English Heritage Legacy ID: 78695

Location: Dethick, Lea and Holloway, Amber Valley, Derbyshire, DE4

County: Derbyshire

District: Amber Valley

Civil Parish: Dethick, Lea and Holloway

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Dethick St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Highpeak Junction

Listing Text

SK 35 NW PARISH OF DETHICK, LEA AND HOLLOWAY CHURCH STREET
1/48
Trinity Methodist Church

II


Non conformist church. Dated 1852. Regularly coursed gritstone blocks with
coped gables, moulded kneelers, a single ashlar gable stack, crucifix finials, and
a slated roof, with a sidewall tower rising from a central entrance porch. Double
pile plan, with projecting crosswing to centre of rear pile, and attached range to
east end of main range. East elevation: three bay main range with tall pointed
windows to end bays and a side wall tower incorporating an entrance porch to the
centre bay, of three stages, with chamfered bands to junctions of tower stages.
Pyramidal cap to tower above coved eaves band to head of pointed arched tower lights.
Lower two bay range to north, also with tall pointed windows. Inscription above
entrance I C
S
1852
Interior retains narrow gallery to east end, and raised seating associated with the
organ and the pulpit to the south end of the projecting crosswing.


Listing NGR: SK3240556566

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.