This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0183 / 53°1'5"N
Longitude: -1.7322 / 1°43'55"W
OS Eastings: 418061
OS Northings: 346808
OS Grid: SK180468
Mapcode National: GBR 48Q.LXH
Mapcode Global: WHCF5.CDCG
Entry Name: The Town Hall
Listing Date: 6 May 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109530
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79891
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE6
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Ashbourne
Built-Up Area: Ashbourne
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Ashbourne St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Derby
The Town Hall
SK 14 NE 1/65 6.5.70.
Dated 1861. Architect Benjamin Wilson. Ashlar masonry with slate roof. Eaves
cornice and parapet with elaborate curved pediment above. 2 storeys, 3 windows
Pilasters with elaborate capitals flank each window bay. Sash windows, those
of ground floor and centre 1st floor round-headed. Glazing bars intact. Porch
with archivolt and pierced balustrade above. Interior has 1st floor board room
with cast iron rails to gallery and an arcade. Curved end wall with niches.
Roof has square beams on brackets.
All the listed buildings in Market Place form a group.
Listing NGR: SK1806146808
Other nearby listed buildings