This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0159 / 53°0'57"N
Longitude: -1.7362 / 1°44'10"W
OS Eastings: 417791
OS Northings: 346539
OS Grid: SK177465
Mapcode National: GBR 48P.ZTC
Mapcode Global: WHCF5.9GGB
Entry Name: Pegg's Almshouses
Listing Date: 15 June 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109548
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79832
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE6
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Ashbourne
Built-Up Area: Ashbourne
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Ashbourne St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 14 NE 1/19 15.6.5l.
Founded 1669 and erected shortly afterwards. Ashlar. A single storey range
at right angles to street. Coupled 2-light mullioned windows throughout. Ledged
doors in chamfered 4-centred arches. Stone gabled ends, that facing street has
large armorial and inscribed panels with prolix Latin inscriptions. Modern or
restored clustered stone stacks. Detached range of outbuildings opposite latrines
etc erected 1848 in a similar style. Old tiles.
Nos 38, 40 and 72, together with Pegg's Almshouses, Owlfield's Almhouses, The
Mansion, the Summerhouse and the cobbled pavements form a group with the parish
Church of St Oswald and the churchyard gate piers, gates and walls.
Listing NGR: SK1779146539
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings