This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9684 / 52°58'6"N
Longitude: -1.6255 / 1°37'31"W
OS Eastings: 425250
OS Northings: 341292
OS Grid: SK252412
Mapcode National: GBR 5BR.XJ5
Mapcode Global: WHCFF.0N76
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 12 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 81374
Location: Brailsford, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE6
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Brailsford
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Brailsford All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 24 SE PARISH OF BRAILSFORD THE GREEN
6/33 (South Side)
House. Early C16 or earlier, 1682, 1883, and 1925. Red brick, sandstone and timber
framing, plain tile roof with two brick ridge stacks and an external stack to south.
Two storeys, rectangular plan with two cross wings. South wing of brick, but said to
encase a timber frame, it has a plain roof structure of massive timbers within the
later roof. North wing, 1925 by T H Thorpe of Derby. East elevation of six bays.
Centre three bays of massive well-cut stone blocks. Chamfered plinth and moulded
stone first floor stringcourse stepped up over the central doorway, Cl9 cross windows
on either side. Over the doorway, lintel inscribed Restored by/Revd J G Croker/1883/
Revd B Poole/1682. First floor has small single light window flanked by C19 3-light
wooden casements. Gabled bay to left with a wooden cross window to ground floor and a
3-light window above. Gabled bay to right with a 3-light segment headed window to
ground floor and a 3-light window above. Outer bay with a doorway and small window
above. Inside, a room in the south wing has C17 panelling and some panelling made
from old box pews. An upper room has a Cl7 moulded cornice.
Listing NGR: SK2525041292
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings