This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9343 / 52°56'3"N
Longitude: -1.6751 / 1°40'30"W
OS Eastings: 421937
OS Northings: 337480
OS Grid: SK219374
Mapcode National: GBR 5C8.3B2
Mapcode Global: WHCFL.7HLV
Entry Name: Bridge over River to South West of Lomgford Mill
Listing Date: 19 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 81272
Location: Longford, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE6
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Longford
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Longford St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 23 NW PARISH OF LONGFORD LONGFORD LANE
Bridge over river to south-
west of Longford Mill
Road bridge. 1842, built for Thomas Coke, Earl of Leicester. Red brick with stone
dressings. Wide basket headed arch with raised stone voussoirs and central keystone.
To either side smaller stiled semi-circular headed arches, also with raised stone
voussoirs. Brick spandrels with plain raised stone band above and brick parapets,
topped by flat stone copings. Walls curve upwards in a shallow curve to centre and
finish to each end in a brick pier with large coping stone. Silver Jubilee plaque on
north wall to road side, also a plaque,inscribed 'These county bridges were erected
at the sole expense of Thomas, William,Earl of Leicester AD MDCCC XL11'.
Listing NGR: SK2193737480
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings