This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2442 / 53°14'39"N
Longitude: -1.7039 / 1°42'14"W
OS Eastings: 419855
OS Northings: 371954
OS Grid: SK198719
Mapcode National: GBR JZJX.XR
Mapcode Global: WHCD0.SQS8
Entry Name: The Hall
Listing Date: 29 September 1951
Last Amended: 22 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109904
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80923
Location: Great Longstone, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE45
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Great Longstone
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Longstone St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 17 SE PARISH OF GREAT LONGSTONE MAIN STREET
3/12 (North Side)
29.9.51 The Hall(formerly listed
as Longstone Hall)
Small country house. C17 and 1747. Rubble limestone with gritstone dressings to
earlier part and rubble limestone and brick with gritstone dressings to later part.
Stone slate roof to earlier part, roof hidden behind parapets to later part.
Earlier part has coped gables with moulded kneelers and ball finial. Stone stacks.
Two and three storeys. Angle quoins. South elevation has lower Cl7 wing to left
with a 3-light recessed and chamfered mullion window to the ground floor and to the
first floor a 4-light recessed and chamfered mullion window with a transom and a
major mullion, giving it the impression of being two cross windows. Moulded
dripmould. All much restored in 1929. Three bay brick elevation to right with
quoins, cornice and coped parapet with ball finials. Central doorway with moulded
architrave and rusticated pilasters. C20 half glazed door. Flanked on each side by
glazing bar sashes in stone surrounds with square bead moulding. Three similar
windows above and three similar, but smaller windows above again. East elevation
has a central doorway with stone surround, flanked on each side by glazing bar
sashes. Three glazing bar sashes above, the centre one much larger and with
moulded architrave and keystone. Three smaller glazing bar sashes above again.
Coped parapet. Projecting service wing to north. Restoration in 1929 by Sir Hubert
Listing NGR: SK1985571954
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings