This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2873 / 53°17'14"N
Longitude: -1.6801 / 1°40'48"W
OS Eastings: 421426
OS Northings: 376755
OS Grid: SK214767
Mapcode National: GBR JZQF.29
Mapcode Global: WHCCV.5M7Q
Entry Name: The Olde House and Attached Garage
Listing Date: 12 July 1967
Last Amended: 12 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109990
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80668
Location: Eyam, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, S32
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Eyam
Built-Up Area: Eyam
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Eyam St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 21 76 PARISH OF EYAM MAIN ROAD
6/60 (North Side)
The Olde House and attached
12-7-67 Garage (formerly listed as
'House and outbuilding NW
of Royal Oak Inn')
House and attached barn, now garage. 1615 with considerable C19 restoration, also
minor C20 alterations. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings and quoins.
Stone slate roof with stone east gable end stack and two ridge stacks. Stone coped
gables with moulded kneelers. Two storeys, two bays plus single bay garage to west.
Chamfered flush quoined doorcase with slightly arched head. Lintel has shields to
either side and central plaque over inscribed 'RF 1615' with stepped, returned
hoodmould over. Partially glazed panelled door. To either side, 3-light recessed
and chamfered mullion windows with hoods. C20 leaded lights. Above two coped gabled
dormers, with 2-light recessed and chamfered mullion windows. Above each, a coat of
arms. To west, C20 garage doors.
Listing NGR: SK2142676755
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings