This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2841 / 53°17'2"N
Longitude: -1.6739 / 1°40'26"W
OS Eastings: 421836
OS Northings: 376392
OS Grid: SK218763
Mapcode National: GBR JZRG.DG
Mapcode Global: WHCCV.8Q47
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 4 November 1958
Last Amended: 12 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110017
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80632
Location: Eyam, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, S32
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Eyam
Built-Up Area: Eyam
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Eyam St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 21 76 PARISH OF EYAM CHURCH STREET
6/25 (North Side)
4-11-58 The Rectory (formerly listed as
GV II Eyam Rectory)
Rectory. Rebuilt 1960, incorporating C17 and C18 remains. Limestone and gritstone
rubble and coursed squared gritstone. Gritstone dressings and quoins. Stone slate
roof. Stone gable end stacks. Two storeys, two bays. East elevation has 2-light
recessed and chamfered mullion window with segmental headed lights to south. To
north, inserted C20 window. Beyond, to north, in recessed wing, two late C18
moulded aedicules, that to south with C20 doors, that to north with C20 window.
Above, C20 4-light flush mullion window. To south, C18 flush mullion and transomed
cross stairwindow. C18 window beyond with C20 casements. Doorcase on the south
elevation is C20 with re-used C18 moulded stone brackets and hood. Interior
has fine mid C18 doglegged staircase with turned balusters, scrolled tread ends,
moulded handrail and raised and fielded panelling below second flight.
Listing NGR: SK2183676392
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings