This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9795 / 50°58'46"N
Longitude: -2.2866 / 2°17'11"W
OS Eastings: 379977
OS Northings: 120050
OS Grid: ST799200
Mapcode National: GBR 0WF.JQN
Mapcode Global: FRA 663J.70P
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 16 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110393
English Heritage Legacy ID: 102800
Location: Todber, North Dorset, Dorset, DT10
District: North Dorset
Civil Parish: Todber
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Todber St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/12/2011
ST 72 SE
Church of St Andrew
(Formerly listed as Church of Unknown Dedication)
Parish church, C15 origin but almost entirely rebuilt 1879. 1879 work
for Elizabeth Marchioness of Westminster. Squared, coursed rubble
with ashlar dressings. Tiled, gable-ended roofs, with stone copings.
Plan: nave, chancel, south tower, north vestry. Largely Perpendicular
in style. South tower: 2 stage of medieval origin; weathered string
course; diagonal buttresses to first stage; saddleback roof;
rectangular bell openings; chamfered, 2-centred door. Mainly square
headed, Perpendicular tracery windows of 2 and 3 lights, that to
north chancel wall of C15 origin. North nave and vestry have some
paired lancets. 3-light east window with Perpendicular tracery under
a 2-centred head. 2-centred head vestry door. Octagonal ashlar
stack to coping between nave and chancel. Interior features: 2-
centred chancel arch of 2 chamfered orders and continuous jambs; C15
reset trefoiled piscina; restored C17 panelled pulpit, sounding-
board reset as reredos; arch braced, collar-truss nave roof supported
on corbels; boarded, barrel-vault chancel roof; turned communion rails;
octagonal recut C15 font on moulded base; trefoiled head vestry
fireplace; some early glass.
RCHM, Dorset, vol IV, p 114, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner N, The
Buildings of England: Dorset, Penguin, 1972, p 423/4.
Listing NGR: ST7998020048
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings