This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9456 / 50°56'44"N
Longitude: -2.5167 / 2°31'0"W
OS Eastings: 363795
OS Northings: 116366
OS Grid: ST637163
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NL6B
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.TM5
Entry Name: Digby Estate
Listing Date: 4 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110649
English Heritage Legacy ID: 104175
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Built-Up Area: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1625 (West Side)
Nos 256 and 257
ST 6316 1/234
No 257 to the north. C18 or earlier. 2 storey stone cottages with later
rendering. Plinth roof. No 257 has two 2-light casements with small panes
on first floor; on ground floor from left to right hand end, doorway with
segmental feature above it, C19 shop window with moulded pilasters and
entablature, 4 flush panelled door in frame, 2-light window with small
panes. No 256 has 3 small 2-light modern wood casements above, and two
modern 2-light 3-tier windows below. Doorway has segmental feature above
it and reeded moulding; 4-panelled wood door; ledged reveals to door.
Premises occupied by A and W Prout, Nos 4, 6, Digby Estate Nos 256 and
257, Britania Inn, Devonia House, Harley House, Penarth House and Pinehaven
form a group with the Old Mitre, Lower Acreman Street.
Listing NGR: ST6379116368
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings