This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9476 / 50°56'51"N
Longitude: -2.5126 / 2°30'45"W
OS Eastings: 364085
OS Northings: 116585
OS Grid: ST640165
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NM6Q
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.WF4
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by the South Western Dairies Ltd
Listing Date: 4 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110720
English Heritage Legacy ID: 104051
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
Premises occupied by
ST 6416 2/156
Established in 1796 as the Dorsetshire Brewery Co (Sherborne) Ltd. Older
part abutting on to road is of stone. Later brick additions behind. East
side is 4-storeys, 8 windows and has 8-bay arcade-with segmental heads
to openings on ground floor; above, windows of fixed lights (8 across and
5 deep) in segmental heads; bay at south end with a doorway on each floor.
Front to road has irregular fenestration and parapet coping raised to form
2 segment shapes of unequal size.
Premises occupied by the South Western Dairies with railings and gate bounding
garden to west and wall and gateways to east, Brewery Cottage, Premises
occupied by the Slessor Club, Bute House, Brecon House and Dwarf Wall,
Railings and gates to Brecon House form a group.
Listing NGR: ST6408516585
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings