This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9469 / 50°56'48"N
Longitude: -2.5154 / 2°30'55"W
OS Eastings: 363886
OS Northings: 116514
OS Grid: ST638165
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NLHQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.V5P
Entry Name: The Conduit (The Parade)
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110747
English Heritage Legacy ID: 103927
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South West Side)
ST 6316 1/217 28.11.50.
Originally the Conduit House which stood against the North range of the
Abbey Cloister. Early C16. Hexagonal stone structure with moulded string
and parapet coping. Buttresses at angles. Original 2-centred entrance
in west front; 2-centred window openings with perpendicular tracery in
other facets. Scheduled Ancient Monument.
No 88, The Conduit, No 90, Saints John Building form a group with Bow House,
The Cemetery Gate, The Abbey Gate House, No 2 including premises occupied
by Gilham Bros, No 3 including premises occupied by Gilham Bros, Church
Listing NGR: ST6388816514
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings