This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9478 / 50°56'52"N
Longitude: -2.5179 / 2°31'4"W
OS Eastings: 363716
OS Northings: 116614
OS Grid: ST637166
Mapcode National: GBR MT.NRWG
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.T1F
Entry Name: The Bursary to Sherborne School
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Last Amended: 4 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110831
English Heritage Legacy ID: 103823
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Built-Up Area: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North West Side)
The Bursary to
(Formerly listed as
ST 6316 1/14 28.11.50.
Part of Sherborne School. The front, which faces East and closes the vista
at the end of Abbey Road, is early C19. 2 storeys 3 windows pebble-dashed
front with sash windows, those to ground floor being 3-light. Good trellis
porch with peaked lead canopy. Hipped slate roof with wide eaves. There
is an older stone gabled building behind, part of which has plaintile roofs
with stone slates at eaves.
Listing NGR: ST6373316544
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings