This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6498 / 51°38'59"N
Longitude: 0.6479 / 0°38'52"E
OS Eastings: 583281
OS Northings: 197878
OS Grid: TQ832978
Mapcode National: GBR QN2.GMC
Mapcode Global: VHJKK.5SWM
Entry Name: Little Hayes Farmhouse
Listing Date: 30 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1110859
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117442
Location: Stow Maries, Maldon, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Stow Maries
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stow Maries St Mary and St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
STOW MARIES LITTLE HAYES CHASE
TQ 89 NW
4/117 Little Hayes Farmhouse
House. C17, extended in C18/C19. Timber framed, mainly clad with gault brick
in Flemish bond and painted, roughcast rendered at E end, roofed with handmade
red clay tiles. 4 bays facing S with axial stack in second bay from left end,
and external stack at right end, with small lean-to extension each side of it.
2-storey lean-to extension with slate roof to rear of the 3 left bays, and C19
external stack to rear of it. Single-storey lean-to extension with slate roof
to rear of this lean-to. 2 storeys. 4-window range of C19 and C20 windows of
various types, all in C19 apertures with segmental arches. 4-panel door, the
upper panels glazed. False pilasters indicate the positions of the 5
storey-posts in the front elevation. Interior not inspected. Described as
'Little Hayes or Drapers' in a deed of 1850 in the possession of the owner. As
Drapers the tenement can be traced back to 1566. (Assize rolls, 23.3.1566,
Essex Record Office).
Listing NGR: TQ8328197878
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings