This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.744 / 51°44'38"N
Longitude: 0.6625 / 0°39'44"E
OS Eastings: 583908
OS Northings: 208388
OS Grid: TL839083
Mapcode National: GBR QLY.LB1
Mapcode Global: VHJK5.FFLD
Entry Name: Lock and Lock Gates,approximately 200 Metres West of Langford Lock
Listing Date: 14 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111034
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119026
Location: Langford, Maldon, Essex, CM9
Civil Parish: Langford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Langford St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 80 NW LANGFORD OFF HATFIELD ROAD
3/7 Lock and Lock Gates,
Chelmer and Blackwater
Navigation approx. 200
metres west of Langford
Lock and lock gates. Circa 1797. Chief Engineer John Rennie, work supervised
by Richard Coates. Red brick in English bond with large granite coping stones
and quoins. Wooden gates with cast iron winding gear. 4 circular cast iron
bollards to each towpath q.v. 3/6.
Listing NGR: TL8390808388
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings