This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7851 / 51°47'6"N
Longitude: 0.6811 / 0°40'51"E
OS Eastings: 585022
OS Northings: 213004
OS Grid: TL850130
Mapcode National: GBR QLK.507
Mapcode Global: VHJJZ.RDDD
Entry Name: Chapel Attached to Braxted Place
Listing Date: 26 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111059
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118978
Location: Little Braxted, Maldon, Essex, CM8
Civil Parish: Little Braxted
Built-Up Area: Wickham Bishops
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Wickham Bishops St Bartholomew, St Nicholas, Little Braxted
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 81 SE LITTLE BRAXTED BRAXTED ROAD
4/162 Chapel attached to
(Formerly The Rectory)
Chapel. Circa 1885. By Rev. Ernest Geldart, former Vicar of Little Braxted
who devoted himself to architecture after resigning Little Braxted living.
Red brick - some possibly re-used C18. Red plain tiled roof. Single storey
The left wall irregularly stepped to a rounded gabled and surmounted by a
fine wrought iron cross. Moulded brick circular window with stained glass.
Central plank and muntin door with segmental arch and moulded brick label.
3 small chamfered segmental head windows with stained glass to left return.
Some original stencilling remains to roof timbers.
Listing NGR: TL8502213004
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings