This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6487 / 51°38'55"N
Longitude: 0.0786 / 0°4'42"E
OS Eastings: 543904
OS Northings: 196481
OS Grid: TQ439964
Mapcode National: GBR P1.LJB
Mapcode Global: VHHMS.9TXG
Entry Name: Wall of St Nicholas's Churchyard
Listing Date: 29 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111178
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118641
Location: Loughton, Epping Forest, Essex, IG10
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Loughton
Built-Up Area: Loughton
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Loughton, St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 49 NW LOUGHTON RECTORY LANE,
1/42 Wall of St. Nicholas's
Wall, c.1600, on SW and NW sides of St. Nicholas's churchyard. Red brick, lime
mortar, irregular bond. Extends approx. 40 metres NW from W end of church,
interrupted by late C19 wicket gate, and approx. 25 metres NE from there. Also
approx. 6 metres SE from W end of church, where it is keyed into a C19 wall with
smoother bricks and regular English bond. Height 2-3 metres. Dogtooth course
below cornices coping renewed.
Listing NGR: TQ4390496481
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings