This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6502 / 51°39'0"N
Longitude: 0.1788 / 0°10'43"E
OS Eastings: 550833
OS Northings: 196846
OS Grid: TQ508968
Mapcode National: GBR SD.MRH
Mapcode Global: VHHMV.1SWB
Entry Name: Former Coach House of Albyns, Now Part of Albyns Manor Farm
Listing Date: 29 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111195
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118680
Location: Stapleford Abbotts, Epping Forest, Essex, RM4
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Stapleford Abbotts
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stapleford Abbotts
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 59 NW STAPLEFORD ABBOTTS Former coach-house
3/4 of Albyns, now
part of Albyns
Coach-house, C18, how used as farm building. Red brick, Flemish bond, roofed
with machine-made red clay tiles. H-plan, with 5 bays of coach-house in the
middle, wings at N and S, aspect W. Originally had 5 pairs of double doors,
only 2 pairs in situ in July 1983. Wings have 2 round-arched recesses each
and hipped roofs. Central timber-framed and plastered clock tower with
hexagonal cupola containing bell, ogival lead roof, wrought iron weathervane.
Listing NGR: TQ5083396846
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings